Monday, December 31, 2007

Welcome to Mithai Bhandar!

This site is dedicated for Indian Sweets/Mithai. I have been making sweets right from my childhood and never knew that I will find a husband who is so fond of eating sweets and who can eat these sweets all day and any day. Therefore, you will find any kind of sweet in my kitchen any time you walk into my home. This site is for him, to tell him and keep a track of how many I make for him.

I am planning to make this as one-stop place for all Indian Sweet Recipes. Let's see how far I will go on updating this site.

Indian Sweets are made mostly with milk, sugar, flour and decorated liberally with dry fruits. And these sweets call for lots of ghee (butter) for their rich taste. Each state in India has their own specialities. The most common type of sweets found in almost all the Indian restaurants are Gulab Jamun, Carrot Halwa and Rice Kheer(pudding).

Sweets have a special place in every Indian household. These are made for every special occassion, marriages, birthdays, festivals and are given as gifts to friends. Back in India, I remember, we used to take 1 kg sweet box to any friends we visited. Mithai has so much prominence in our Indian culture. And that's why I named this site as Mithai Bhandar.

No comments: