Friday, February 1, 2008

Badusha


If you want real authentic recipe with correct quantities, please refer to the recipe here


I made Badusha many many times and each time it turned out different, I don’t know why. May be the quality of maida or yogurt made them different. I learnt little from each experiment and I used that experience today while making this Badusha. Seriously speaking, I have not measured oil and yogurt in this recipe. And the Badusha has turned out really well. Ravi and Naveen loved those instantly and we finished all at one go.

What I did was, I took 2 cups of maida, added little salt to it, a spoon of baking powder and 1/6th cup of rice flour and mixed them thoroughly (usually people sieve the whole thing together). I kept on adding oil instead of ghee (as I ran out of ghee) until the mixture became like breadcrumbs. Then I kept adding yogurt until the mixture looked like layers and made that into a ball. Do not put water. These are the ground rules for making badusha. Oil/ghee and yogurt form an important part of the recipe. Then covered it with a wet cloth for half an hour. Made small balls out of the dough and pressed in the center. Made thin sugar syrup on the side. Deep fried the balls and soaked in sugar syrup for 15 mins. Took them out and left them aside for an hour.

You can store them for more than a month in a refrigerator. Heat those for 10 sec before eating.

3 comments:

Meera said...

Wow, a blog dedicated to Indian mithais? That's cool. Now I know where to come if I need to find Indian sweets recipes. Badusha looks delicious.

Manasi said...

Looks Delicious! The best Badusha/ Balushai I have had was from Nasik Halidram , long long ago! Feel like picking up from ur picture and taking a nice bite out of it!

madhu said...

the best way u can prepare is by using biscuit dough it is available in grocery stores make then desired shaped and fry in oil then add them to sugar syrup........ its really works and tastes gud