Friday, February 1, 2008

Mango Cake (Eggless)


My brother told me not to post this on the site by looking at the color and look of this cake, but don't go by the looks, this infact was much tastier than it looks. I tried for eggless cakes and I found this Mango version. The original recipe asked for real Mangoes but I didn't have any, so I used Mango Pulp instead.


1 cup diced fresh mango/mango pulp
1/4 cup hot water
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup skim milk powder
1/2 cup yogurt
1/2 cup crushed pista
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda


  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. Sift together the wheat flour, baking powder, and baking soda in a bowl.Add crushed Pista.
  3. Put mango, water, sugar, milk powder, yogurt, and oil in a blender. Blend until smooth.
  4. Pour the mango puree into flour mixture and mix well.
  5. Put the whole mixture in a baking pan and bake until done (about 20-30 mins).
  6. Pour some mango pulp and add some dry fruits on the top for decoration.

Note: I felt that the cake was less sweeter, so you can increase the quantity of sugar or put some extra mango pulp in the plate and eat.

1 comment:

Navita (Gupta) Hakim said...

nice cake ...first time here.